I’m signing up for the 2016 New Release Challenge.
The 2016 New Release Challenge is a year-long challenge in which we aim to read books released in 2016. The challenge is co-hosted by Unconventional Book Views and Books, Movies, Reviews Oh My! There will be monthly update posts, and each quarter – the end of March, end of June, end of September and in December, there will be a giveaway with the update as well.
The sign-up and rules can be found by clicking on the links above.
Here are the rules:
- The book has to be released and reviewed in 2016.
- Other challenges can be used as well, if you are participating in the Netgalley/Edelweiss challenge or in the COYER challenge, books can count towards more than one challenge, as long as the ones you use for the 2016 New Release Challenge qualify to the other rules.
- The minimum length for a book to qualify is 100 pages.
- The book can be in any format: physical, e-book, ARC, audio book, etc.
- The New Book Release Challenge is open from January 1st through December 31st 2016, and sign-ups are open until February 15th 2016.
- You don’t have to be a blogger to participate, you can link to your review on Goodreads or Booklikes instead – so don’t be shy!
There are four levels in the New Release Challenge:
- 1-15 books per year – New Release Newbie
- 16-30 books per year – New Release Pro
- 31-45 books per year – New Release Veteran
- 45+ books per year – New Release Enthusiast
My overall reading goal for 2016 will probably be anywhere from 150-175 books so I think I will go for the New Release Pro, which is to read 16-30 new releases. I’m really looking forward to this because I often fall far behind on reading new releases every year! My first official challenge as a blogger! Yay!